San Ildefonso College High School department aims to provide a wholesome and solid formation of its student the basic practices of the Christian faith. It likewise seeks to help the students achieve the fundamental skills necessary for the higher education, and develop basic elements of knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes and values in the light of Christian living that will help them take cognizance of themselves and their places in this ever changing society.
The specific objectives of the department are as follows:
1. Acknowledge God as the Creator and Father, Jesus Christ as Brother and Redeemer, Blessed Virgin Mary as Mother, and the Holy Spirit.
2. Exhibit Christian attitudes and values towards themselves and others in speech and action.
3. Manifest knowledge of, identification with and love for the country and the people to which they belong.
4. Demonstrate proper orientation to the world of work and creativity and thus, contribute to a progressive and productive home and community life.
5. Develop in them physical, intellectual, emotional, moral, social vocational growth and stability which will ultimately lead to their acquisition of a holistic personality.
6. Help students live happily in a group to achieve meaningful relationships with others.
7. Manifest intellectual curiosity, analytical and logical thinking and develop interest and aptitudes necessary to succeed in college to choose a career wisely.
8. Demonstrate academic excellence, skills, habits and desirable values to meet the demands of the changing society.
9. Identifies his vocational interest and develop him to become a worthy and effective member of the home and community.
10. Discover and enhance the different aptitudes and interest of individual student as to equip him with skills for productive endeavor and thus prepare him for work in the real world and/or for further formal studies in higher education.
11. Manifest physical fitness, discipline and endurance in his day to day life.
12. Develop in them both oral and written communication skills in English and Filipino.
The charisms of the department are Christian formation, oral communication skills and academic excellence. This are strengthened through the implementation of religion as the core of the curriculum where values are integrated in all learning areas. There are also program like the Kariton ng Karunungan (Cart of Christ) which roam around the town of Tanay in the different public elementary and national high school. It aims to bring to the students the books that can add to their reading literacy. It also promotes community extension services. To support the skills of student in oral communication the department encourage the students as well as the teacher to use English as medium of instruction in the learning areas that required it. Science Research Association (SRA) was also adopted by the department to motivate the students to love reading and increase their level of comprehension. The department is on its second year of implementing the SRA while Grade 8 continue to use the SRA 2a.
Global Resources for Assessment Curriculum and Evaluation (GRACE) is also utilized by the department as timely and quality standards-based assessment tools - anchored in the new K-12 curriculum - to assist the department in evaluating students' performance based on the Philippine Government's prescribed standards and competencies. Among the GRACE assessment tools Performance Assessment of Standards and Skills (PASS) is adopted by the department. Science and Mathematics subject is being evaluated for Grade 7-10.
The department serves Junior High School which offer an international STEM CURRICULUM for Computer Subject. In the Senior High School department, the tracks that has been offered are the ACADEMIC TRACK which has a Strand of General Academic Strand (GAS), Humanities and Social Sciences (HUMSS), Accountancy Business and Management (ABM), Science Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and TECHNICAL VOCATIONAL TRACK which has a strand of Information Communication Technology specializing in Computer System Servicing NCII and Home Economics Strand specializing in Food and Beverage, Bread and Pastry and Cookery NCII. One of the salient feature of the STEM strand is the game development course that encourages student to be a game developer after finishing Grade 12. It is an international Curriculum also from ICARNEGIE Melo University.
Visit us at : San Ildefonso College, MH Del Pilar St., Brgy. Plaza Aldea, Tanay, Rizal Contact us at : 654-4692, 654-3278 © 2017 SAN ILDEFONSO COLLEGE. All rights reserved.